Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Score tracker and Player Ids

Last night I got basic bullet collisions working.
I am going to continue to make my basic working game by working towards a working multiplayer deathmatch gameplay mode. ( Deathmatch is a simple each player fights each player. A free for all)
This will allow me to visually test new additions to the game.
I call the goal basic as I just need to see that what I add works quickly. I still need to optimize collisions with octtrees, reduce memory cost of adding and maintaining items and Add the AI elements of the final game product.
To finish deathmatch I will need to:
  • Fix the Bounding Sphere covering amodel object to cover the entire object. Using six ducks to test the bounding sphere bounds. As seen below, I didn't completely cover the shotgun so it only registered a hit when inside the duck circle(leftmost of left duck, rightmost of right duck etc).














Whats wrong is that each mesh of a model has its own bounding sphere and I set the covering bounding sphere to only one of those bounding spheres. I need to combine them all.
  • Add Scoring with user set limits. Display score when requested and at the end of the match before moving onto next match or multiplayer mainmenu.
  • Add Timed Matches option with user set times. Remaining Time can be displyed ingame and on score report.
  • Add a Aiming Reticule and to verify Accuracy and make it easier for users to play game. I have found an alternative method to mine for aiming. I will look into it to see if accuracy can be improved and if it will be easier to add shaky shooting accuracy depending on stance, player stamina and continuous firing. I will also have to look into aim assistance for users using gamepads as it is harder to get accurate shots compared to mouse users.
  • Add Winning Conditions and End the match when they have been met. Remove all objects before leaving the match.
  • Add Walls.Limit a Players Movement and Provide another way to get rid of bullets faster.
Theres more but I should get these done first.

1 comment:

  1. using ducks for debugging, that has to be the most brilliantly resourceful thing I have ever seen :)

    ReplyDelete