Monday, November 16, 2009

What I have so far

What I have so far for my fyp is a game that is in several pieces. However within those pieces are a bullet system, working splitscreen with First person cameras and a Menu system (main menu and pause menu) which can be extended as functionality is added.

after sleep (its 2:52am now) I will have a few hours of lectures but also a good 5 or so hours which can be mostly used for fyp. In that time I hope to work towards fridays goal of a winable game:
  • Menu system working including a pause menu in gameplay mode that allows exiting to main menu and also allows a single player to leave the game and for the game to continue if there are still players remaining
  • The game drawing scenes again with culling at view frustrum level.
  • Bullet System integrated into new project (refactoring of original fyp work)
  • new player movement system working
  • split screen multiplayer integrated into project with separate pause menu per player.
  • Context input checking(if paused only check pause controls, if in gameplay only check gameplay controls)
  • GUI displaying player health, currently selected gun + ammo counts, crosshair and scoreboard if called.
A small bit of work to do but it will mean being closer to the basic game level I need so I can Have something to hand in ( a fallback level). With what I have by friday, I should only need collisions with modelled worlds working to have my fallback.

No comments:

Post a Comment