Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Riemer Tutorials

Today I did the first two 3D riemer tutorials. This involved Height mapping and a simple flying game with quaternan camera.

I did the tutorial to learn more about working with vertices and making a height map for the game.

I will take what I learned to make a heightmapped level tomorrow which a character can walk on at correct heights. The player will also not be able to leave the game area. I will introduce a quad tree which stores the heightmap data to check collisions with it efficiently.


Once that is done, I will make it so that bullets can collide with the heightmap.

This will lead onto object collisions, loading models with vertices and checking detailed collisions with them after bounding object broad phase checks.
Octree development will begin to optimize the scene for collisions and drawing with objects scene objects being added by their AABB


The game problems from previous blog posts have been fixed. Improvements still need to be made but the ability to interact with the environment is the most important aim right now.

After collisions are satisfyably complete, I will add more objectives, animations, sound and begin work on AI. AI development should have begun a few weeks ago but the fully working game as a base was more important.

No comments:

Post a Comment